The Evergreen School is currently accepting applications for an IT Support Technician.
We inspire highly capable, creative learners to lead with curiosity, compassion, and courage in a diverse and dynamic world.
About the Organization
Located just north of Seattle in Shoreline, Washington, The Evergreen School has been educating highly capable, creative learners for over 50 years. Our students love to ask questions, and our teachers use that natural curiosity to craft engaging lessons and spark thought-provoking conversations. Evergreen’s program infuses challenging academics with foundational support for social skills, emotional well-being, a multicultural perspective, and empathy for others. Our students think deeply, take intellectual risks, and tackle complex problems. They learn how to self-advocate, collaborate with others and understand and respect differences. Evergreen graduates move on to high school and beyond with confidence, ready to contribute to a diverse and dynamic world.
Our community members at Evergreen value and embrace the dignity and diversity of all people. We actively seek and support students, families, faculty, staff and trustees who bring a diversity of identity into our community. Our mission makes it essential that we skillfully deliver an inclusive educational program that teaches respect for others, empowers students of all backgrounds equitably, encourages social responsibility, and prepares students to be leaders in an interdependent global community. At Evergreen, our goal is to curate a culture where every family feels fully welcomed and encouraged to participate in every aspect of the community.
The IT support technician provides helpdesk/technical support to faculty, staff and students including desktop, laptop, tablets, printers, software and related technology. Support will include configurations, installation, testing and repair of computer systems and peripherals within established guidelines, including troubleshooting of hardware and software issues on end user devices. This position reports to the director of technology. The IT support technician will be joining a community committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion work; it is a place where all faculty and staff are required to complete SEED training within the first three years of their employment.
- Provide helpdesk/technical support to users
- Organize and maintain IT resources
- Imaging, configuration and deployment of PCs
- Maintain computers, network devices, printers, and other related equipment
- Diagnose and solve hardware/software issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of one year working in an IT environment; experience in an educational environment is a plus
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VOIP, etc.
- Technical knowledge and troubleshooting experience with PCs, tablets, mobile devices, printers, and peripheral hardware
- Proficiency with Watchguard, O365 and Google G Suite administration is a plus.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent vocational training or work experience
- IT certifications are a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to relate to others and work in a team setting
- Desktops, laptops and tablets
- Educational technology such as smart boards, document cameras and projectors
- A/V equipment
- Other equipment as needed
- Lift 50 lbs
- Work on knees for extended periods of time
- Work under desks and behind/around rack-mounted equipment
- Spend a large amount of time using a keyboard and mouse and looking at screen
Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s background and experience and will be competitive with similar positions at independent schools in the Seattle area.
Applicants should submit the following:
- A cover letter outlining their interest in and qualifications for this position
- A current resume
- A completed Evergreen Employment Application.
All materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; include “IT Support Technician” in the subject line. No telephone calls please. The position will be open until filled.
All finalists will be asked to submit a 500-word (max) answer to the following question:
-The Evergreen School is committed diversity, equity and inclusion work and seeks to develop best practices related to DEI. What does diversity, equity and inclusion mean to you?